OM Ships International has just celebrated 40 years of ministry!
In 40 years the ship ministry of Operation Mobilization has:
· operated four different ships (Logos, Doulos, Logos II, Logos Hope)
· welcomed over 42 million people on board
· visited over 163 countries and territories
· made more than 1,400 ports of call (512 unique ports)
· distributed over 50 million portions of the Bible
· hosted more than 5 million people at events on board the ships
· seen more than 10 million children visit the ships
· trained more than 10,000 people for future Christian service
· partnered with over 55,000 churches world-wide
· donated hundreds of tons of books to various countries
· and seen tens of thousands of people come to faith in God!
Watch a video and read more about the history of the ships and OM.
“I enjoyed tonight. It was exciting to play on board Logos Hope
. The audience’s reaction was fantastic,” said musician Bill Drake
after a Christmas concert in the Hope Theater. Keyboardist and singer Bill and his band played a set of Christmas carols and other numbers to a mixed audience of ship’s company and local Lebanese. In between songs, Bill shared about his own life. He told the audience how after a troubled upbringing nearly caused him to commit suicide, he had found peace by getting to know God. He introduced one song by talking about what the first Christmas would have been like. “I love Christmas as it’s such a natural message. To encourage Lebanese people with their Christmas celebration is a dream come true,” Bill added.
For more information on how you can be involved in the arts in missions, visit OM Arts International. For information about doing ministry on board Logos Hope, go to OM Ships International. You can also watch a video of life on board Logos Hope. You can join the ship for 2 weeks or longer! No prior ship experience necessary! Go to Logos Hope opportunities.