- Do you have what it takes?
- Hear the Cry of the Navajo Indians.
- Exciting Missions Training and Trips for Creative Types!
- Are short-term missions trips effective? What about all that money “wasted”?
- Picture yourself working as an overseas missionary!
- “Mohammed, Jesus & Me” A true story that makes a great gift.
- Ex-Muslims praying to Jesus in the Dome of the Rock Mosque. There are many.
- Stop Watching the News and Be Encouraged. Watch this!
- International Missions Teams Working and Living in Community. Experience the Adventure!
- Real Men Burn Their Ships!
- Mentoring Men in Missions: The Adventures’ Way.
- Explore how to become a missionary with overseas adventure!
- Missions Trips Just for Men! Join the Adventure!
- Social Justice Overseas Service Opportunities.
- Adventures in Missions Launches the Center for Global Action!
- Missions trips for those who want to explore how to be a missionary!
- Top Ten Reasons Why Missionaries Quit.
- 10 Tips on How to become a Missionary.
- Eastern Europe Still Needs Christian Missionaries.
- Short-term Missions: Still Incredibly Effective
Read more about…
- adventures in missions
- arts in missions
- Gen Y
- group short-term missions trips
- Health Insurance
- international missions trips
- Islam & Christianity
- Islam and Christianity
- long-term missions trips
- make an impact upon the world
- medical missions trips
- men in missions
- missions trips stories
- missions trips…on a ship!
- Native American Indian
- OM ships
- performing arts
- praying for the world
- preparing for your missions trips
- Short Term Missions Trips
- social justice
- Sports Ministry
- technical arts
- The Future of Christian Missions
- visual arts
- Writing and Storyteling
Search this site
Topicsadventures in missions arts in missions children Church dance Gen Y group short-term missions trips Health Insurance international missions trips Islam & Christianity Islam and Christianity long-term missions trips make an impact upon the world medical missions trips men in missions missionaries missions trips...on a ship! missions trips stories music Native American Indian OM ships performing arts praying for the world preparing for your missions trips Short Term Missions Trips social justice Sports Ministry technical arts The Future of Christian Missions visual arts Writing and Storyteling
- adventures in missions (11)
- arts in missions (28)
- children (3)
- Church (3)
- dance (3)
- Gen Y (1)
- group short-term missions trips (7)
- Health Insurance (1)
- international missions trips (27)
- Islam & Christianity (1)
- Islam and Christianity (2)
- long-term missions trips (12)
- make an impact upon the world (24)
- medical missions trips (2)
- men in missions (2)
- missionaries (2)
- missions trips stories (2)
- missions trips…on a ship! (5)
- music (10)
- Native American Indian (1)
- OM ships (3)
- performing arts (9)
- praying for the world (12)
- preparing for your missions trips (10)
- Short Term Missions Trips (30)
- social justice (1)
- Sports Ministry (1)
- technical arts (3)
- The Future of Christian Missions (1)
- visual arts (5)
- Writing and Storyteling (2)
Category Archives: dance
Recently a creative arts team made up of OM Arts International’s musicians, dancers, and dramatists, toured in the country of Kyrgyzstan. As a local friend told the team, “The people here have seen a lot of trouble recently. They’re tired of the fighting and problems. They’re weary and they’re open. We want to bring them His peace.”
Despite the still somewhat unstable political situation in Kyrgystan, the arts team were able to perform in many memorable places. One such place was a facility for disabled men that – while improving – has seen years of total neglect and decay. Just last winter 70 of 300 men died of exposure to the cold. Now God’s Word is spreading, there are about 30 believers, and the physical conditions and atmosphere of the facility are changing. It was a great joy to share about God’s goodness and have the resident men dance for joy with the team’s music. Elsewhere, in prisons the team shared an original drama illustrating God’s forgiveness, healing, and reconciliation; and at one university, the arts team’s concert helped a local ministry gain 496 new contacts with whom they can follow up and share the good news of Jesus Christ.
OM Arts International
Excelling in arts in missions
imagine – illuminate – impact!
OM Arts International is a family of ministries that exists to empower artists to engage their creative gifts in exalting God and extending His kingdom among the nations.
Read on for a list of these exciting ministries!
OM ArtsLink omartslink.org
OM ArtsLink has a passion to see visual artists get involved in the Great Commission by uniquely impacting communities around the globe. Short term Missions trips to different countries around the world provide opportunities for visual artists to serve the Church and make Jesus Christ known amongst the unreached.
OM DanceLink omdancelink.org
OM DanceLink desires to train, mentor and send dancers of all skill levels to use their gifts to minister and further God’s kingdom by proclaiming His name while on international short term missions trips.
Heart Sounds International heart-sounds.org
Heart Sounds International exists to help ignite culturally relevant and Biblically appropriate worship especially in places where followers of Jesus Christ are restricted, persecuted or unknown.
Bill Drake Band billdrake.com
Bill Drake and team present multimedia concerts with a unique focus. The concerts are not simply about music, but about God and experiencing the reality of Jesus in your life. The latest release is the “Crowns Experience” which will take you on a journey to find what you are willing to give your life for.
World champion unicyclist Dustin Kelm performs and speaks at youth events, outreaches, retreats, camps, festivals, corporate events and school assemblies around the world. With extreme unicycling as his tool, Dustin’s one-of-a-kind performance captivates people of all ages. He challenges his audiences to have the character to make good choices that change their lives. In venues that permit, Dustin integrates his personal faith story and the impact that has had on his life.
OM Arts International
Excelling in arts in missions
imagine – illuminate – impact
As a part of the creative ministries team of OM Arts International called DanceLink, Linda travels to many different countries teaching men and women to worship God and share the Gospel through dance worship. During a recent trip to Asia, Linda met a young woman named Esther who had a life of forced prostitution and Hinduism. Linda felt a special burden for Esther. Out of all the dancers, Esther was the most disruptive and unhelpful. Linda felt the need to confront her, but before she could, Esther asked to give her testimony.
“When Linda asked us to dance and listen for the voice of Jesus, I felt sleepy and giggly. Suddenly a voice said to me, ‘You belong to Me now. Stay awake, listen, and learn.’”
Linda took the opportunity to explain that Satan wants to prevent us from hearing the voice of Jesus in our lives. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10). Satan wants to rob us of ability to hear the Holy Spirit minister to us, but God has given us the strength to be still and listen to His voice over all the distractions in our lives. Esther took Linda’s words to heart and is now growing in her knowledge and love for the Lord Jesus.