- Have a sense of calling to a place, people group, or ministry activity.
- Understand yourself and the kind of ministry that best uses your skills, gifts, and talents.
- Have a flexible written ministry vision statement.
- Form a strong sending support team around you.
- Serve alongside a team on the mission field.
- Encourage and maintain a supportive attitude of those who are in leadership.
- Look for opportunities to make a difference.
- Work with others to create a plan for personal growth and continued learning.
- Work with a mission organization like Adventures in Missions that provides good administrative support.
- Find a mentor willing to invest in you.
Most of all, have a dynamic relationship with Jesus who is your solid ground on which everything else is built!