We all want to some day look back on our lives and be pleased with how we lived. But in order to be able to do that, you need to put into practice now certain actions that will produce the results that will make you pleased. If you are a God-fearing person, then you also want your Maker to be pleased with how you spent the time He gave you to breathe on this earth. Were you a good steward of your time and resources? Here are a few tips on how to end well in life.
1. Focus on what is eternally important. Be a person who “walks in the light” and seeks to do good and avoid evil.
2. Read God’s word as a manual for life. Without a road map, you will be lost.
3. Trust God. When things seem like they are spinning out of control (or even when everything seems fine) remember that you will find true peace with God when you trust Him. Peace with God results in peace with yourself and others.
4. If you are married, love your spouse. If you are single, serve others.
5. Make right decisions and choices. Again, you’ll need God’s help and advice from good people. The Bible will also be a good source to help you make wise decisions.
6. Have a clear conscience before God. You know what you have done that is wrong, and so does God. Confess your sins and seek His forgiveness. Some day we will all stand before Him to give an account of our lives.
For the true believer, this is something to look forward to. Death is a door to REAL LIVING. It is a time to celebrate. Are you preparing for eternity? Use your time and resources to spread the knowledge of God and salvation through Jesus Christ throughout the world. Support missionaries, go on a missions trip yourself, help the poor, hand out Bibles, teach, preach, assist the weak, give hope to the hopeless, and share the love of Jesus with the world.